My official first entry to the blog finds me sitting in the streets of Hamburg Germany, next to my good friend Matt as we try to exploit this wifi connection for all it's worth. :) When touring abroad, you really savor these peaceful moments of Internet connectivity. In a land of curry pasted bratwurst and sweet gelato, it's our only portal back to what we know and love that doesn't cost a dime. It can get really difficult out here when you don't have the option to call home, or even send a quick test message. The purchase of the itouch has been one of the best investments I have ever made. Being able to email and talk To Kelly over Skype almost everyday, makes the tour heartache almost vanish. Now If only I can get Greyson to tell me he loves and misses me on the phone, that would make the worst of this touring business dissolve away.
Hamburg is a pretty epic city, in front of me is the ocean, with lot of giant container ships, busy moving and loading their freight. Over to my right if the small apartment that exists for bands on tour, located conveniently on top of the club we played last night. Behind me is a bustling city full of interesting food, and super old buildings. The show itself was kind of on the small side, but the kids were super excited to see us, which is fine with me. As long as the kids are having a good time, I could care less if it's 100 or 5000 watching us. I'm going to post this now, if this blogger app works, then we are in business, and you we be reading a lot more from me... If that's ok with you? :) ben (daddy)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Ben,
Thanks for the blog entry! Good to see the Orum family on the move! Linda and I visited Hamburg a few years back. I agree good brats and beer. Hope you have a successful tour!!
Ron
Post a Comment